Sloth Studies can Reveal New Approaches to Curing Cancer
Sloths are an environmentally self-contained eco-system and they live disease-free lives. The Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica cares for and nurtures 100’s of these endangered animals each year. Randy – a wild sloth that broke his arm after fighting with another male and falling 60ft from his tree. He had titanium plates screwed into his arm to hold the bones together, and was later released into the wild. Unfortunately, 8 months later the same incident happened again, only this time his arm was infected and would not heal. We eventually took the difficult decision to amputate his arm in order to save his life. He now lives happily here with us at the sanctuary, albeit with just one arm!
Amazingly, before Randy’s first broken arm, he had already formed a special relationship with sanctuary founder Judy Arroyo. He was again fighting with another wild sloth in the sanctuary grounds and again, he fell from his tree. This time, Judy saw it happen and saw that he was about to fall onto concrete – this would have been certain death. She rushed forwards to catch him and the impact broke both of the bones in her arm (also requiring titanium plates) – Randy was perfectly fine after she had broken his fall, and he happily climbed back up the tree. ….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR57BNpxDtU View related story:ISOLATED PERUVIAN TRIBE RISKS HUMAN CONTACT, AND DISEASE.
ALTO MADRE DE DIOS RIVER Peru (Reuters) – Six Mashco Piro tribeswomen crouched low as they escaped back into the jungle after raiding a remote lodge in Peru’s Manu National Park in the western Amazon, clutching newly prized tools: metallic cooking pots.
http://reece.over-blog.com/ Last but not least, the third finalist. Make sure you come back next week to vote! If there’s one thing we would all live for, it’s love. Somewhere out there there’s someone who has been waiting his or whole life to find you. There hasn’t been a day when the thought of you hasn’t crossed their mind. They just may not have met you yet. So here are the types of love we should all hold out for:
- The chill you to your bones and light your heart on fire kind of love
- The make you smile so hard you can’t hear the rest of the world speak kind of love
- The wake up to better days than your dreams kind of love
- The never question their love for you because it’s written on their face kind of love
- The butterflies that make your heart pound every time you see them kind of love
- The light from sharing all your darkest thoughts and moments kind of love
- The faith of forever holding your hearts together kind of love
- The fall in love with their laugh deeper every time kind of love
- The unfathomable ecstasy that makes mountains shake when your bodies touch kind of love
- The bending and mending of dreams into one kind of love
- The see heaven in your mind every time you kiss kind of love
- The passion of fighting words that has an even more passionate resolve kind of love
- The imperfectly perfect kind of love
- The ideal type of person you’d want your children to marry kind of love
- The hold me for every sunrise and never let go for the sunset kind of love
- The proof to every naysayer who gaffs at the above kind of love
- The bleed through their words, breathe through their actions, love through their existence kind of love
- The never falter, never wander, never questioning kind of love
- The truth behind “I love you” kind of love
- The “sweet” in dreams and the “happily” in ever after kind of love
- The painstakingly hard, unbearably trying, but worth it in all regards when they smile kind of love
Last but not least, the third finalist. Make sure you come back next week to vote!
Shared by Single Strides.
If there’s one thing we would all live for, it’s love. If there’s one thing we would risk everything for, it’s love. If there’s one thing we would willingly end up broken for, it’s love. But there’s a real love out there. It’s a real love that won’t leave you damaged, but bring out the best in you. There’s a love so true that everything before it will seem like fiction.
Beyond our fears and our imaginations lies a love so powerful nothing could break its binds. Somewhere out there there’s someone who has been waiting his or whole life to find you. There hasn’t been a day when the thought of you hasn’t crossed their mind. They just may not have met you yet. So here are the…
View original post 576 more words