Life expectancy is a statistical measure of the average time an organism is expected to live, based on the year of its birth, its current age and other demographic factors including gender. There is a direct correlation between higher income equality, higher life expectancies, less crime, and lower incarceration rates. AKA: Working with your hands.
A true story of preparing for life expectancy within a timely manner: A newborn male is expected to live to be 76 in the U.S., which is less than the age the life expectancy calculator gave me, so I guess that I am lucky. They gave me 9 more years, allowing me to live to be 77, but since I am not ready to go just yet, I think that I will stick around. The average American now lives to 88 and I would be happy with that number, as I know that my body is deteriorating. They say it is always good to get a second opinion, so I looked at another lifespan site and now I will supposedly to live to be 82. I guess it is about time for me to put together a bucket list, as that is what old people do.
Last week we had It Is About Time where the theme was songs that feature songs that feature the lyrics of either Past, Present, or Future. This week the theme is songs that feature the lyrics of either Birth, Death, or Life. Take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Share your music with others and post a video, try do some research and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about. Show the lyrics, let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music. Try to find a song that fits the theme, then write your post and create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section.
Here are the “rules”:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• It would be good if you could post the lyrics to the song of your choice, as this is helpful for the people that want to follow along with the music.
• Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song.
• Ping back to this post or place your link in the comments section below.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
I am writing about the song ‘Let It Be Me’ by The Everly Brothers today. Next week, I will be writing about the Barrett Strong song ‘I’m Gonna Cry (If You Quit Me)’. The upcoming prompts will be:
November 21, 2021 – Lion, Tiger, Bear, Eagle, Shark suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
November 28, 2021 – School, College, Education, Class, Degree suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
December 5, 2021 – House, Room, Kitchen, Shower, Attic suggested by Paula of Light Motifs II
December 12, 2021 – songs with Nonsense lyrics suggested by Amy Braun, ai love music aisasami
- MORE IN A UNIQUE TITLE FOR ME
- Rumble In the JungleThe Mayan civilization was obsessed with sharks even in the landlocked cities and it is thought that they may have brought sharks to the jungle. Some bear…
- It Is About TimeAlbert Einstein said, “The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Physicists believe that time is not…
44 COMMENTSLoad more comments (Showing 15 of 44)Follow conversation
- SONG LYRIC SUNDAY – The big D word. – Tales from the mind of Kristian
- It’s My Life – Song Lyric Sunday – Birth/Life/Death | teleportingweena
- glyn40wiltonHave we seen the last of Pink Floyd as a band? There is still hope.https://www.youtube.com/embed/WAUiHImStdI?version=3&rel=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&fs=1&hl=en&autohide=2&wmode=transparentWhere were you when I was burned and broken?
While the days slipped by from my window watching
And where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless?
‘Cause the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else’s words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sunLost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside, the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to lifeI took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight into the shining sunSource: MusixmatchSongwriters: David GilmourComing Back to Life lyrics © Pink Floyd Music Publisher, Pink Floyd Music Publr., Inc.2Likes
- newepicauthorglyn40wiltonPink Floyd has not released an album since 1994, but I think that they are still around as a band. Nice choice Glyn.1Like
- TheHiddenEdgeglyn40wiltonLoved this – thanks for sharing Glyn.1Like
- What Would Life Be – A Unique Title For Me
- #SLS – 11/14/21 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
- Black Star (Song Lyric Sunday) – Laura McHarrie @ The Hidden Edge
- Life Has A Funny Way Of Helping You Out – LADY LEWIS
- Lady ASorry I am so late tagging my post Jim. We had a tough day.1Like
- Song Lyric Sunday – Stine Writing
- Born to Die – Lana Del Rey – Donetta Writes